Viva International, S.A. is aware of how important it is for you to know how we use and share data collected from you or about you, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
By using the available information and the services offered by Viva International, S.A. by using vivaresorts.com, you accept and agree to every one of the provisions contained in this Policy.
This Policy does not apply to the handling by third parties, not owned or operated by Viva International, S.A, nor persons Viva International, S.A. does not employ or supervise, including Web Site operators you may visit prior or after to accessing vivaresorts.com.
Information we collect about you
1. When you access our site, we collect your IP address and standard web log information.
2. In order to purchase our products and services, you must provide us personal information, such as your full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card and other identifying information so we may process your reservation and provide you with Customer Service. If you do not provide us with this personal information at the time of booking, soliciting a price quote or the procurement of our products or services, we are unable to confirm your purchase or process the requested transaction.
3. At the time of registering on vivaresorts.com, we ask that you provide us with some basic information, such as your name and e-mail address. If you subscribe to any of our e-mail marketing communications, you must provide your first and last name, e-mail address. In some cases, we may also ask you provide personal demographic information, such as your country of residence, sex, age, travel habits, etc.
5. When filling out our online reservation form, you agree and authorize Viva International, S.A. to utilize and process, electronically or manually, the information provided in order to proceed with the requested reservation and fulfill a demand of personalized products and services, improving the business relationship with our clients, as well as the provision of such data to companies Viva International, S.A. has dealings with for the expressed purposes stated above. Likewise, clients processing a reservation are advised that their personal information and details relevant to their request are shared with companies participating in the making of the reservation and/or trip, as well as the destination’s hotel, independently of said company’s country of origin with the possibility of the transmission of data internationally, with the explicit purpose of negotiating the reservation and guaranteeing the execution of such.
6. Cookies are data that a web browser stores on your computer's hard disk to maintain a registry. In itself, cookies only identify your computer, and do not identify you personally.
How we use the personal information we collect
9. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide the requested information about our products and services
- To send marketing newsletters via e-mail a user has opted-in for
- To place reservations and solicit price quotes
- To confirm your purchases
- To ensure the accuracy of invoices
- To measure and track demographics data about our customers
- To customize the content on our website to your interests
- In the event you opted-in to receive marketing newsletters via e-mail, to customize marketing information to your needs.
10. If you solicit a price quote or place a purchase through our site, we may send you information about new products or we may ask for your opinion about our web site, etc. so we can improve the services we offer you and other consumers. If you wish to opt-out of future mailings from Viva International, S.A. send an e-mail message to our privacy officer, email@example.com.
11. If you opt-in to any of our marketing newsletters, we will use the e-mail address you provide us in order to send the requested information. You always have the option to opt-out by sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by clicking on the link found on the bottom of any of our marketing newsletters.
12. We share portions of the personal information we collect with our service partners (i.e. tour operators, tour providers, trade distributors) which are directly related with the reservation, price quote or procurement you have processed.
13. We will only provide our service providers and trade distributors your first and last name and local contact information. We will not provide any other personal information.
15. We also share your personal information with third parties hired by us to provide services and marketing data reports, whom are obligated to safeguard your confidentiality.
17. Although our marketing partners log all inbound traffic for us, we control how and what portion of this information is used.
18. We give you the assurance that, unless explicitly authorized by you, we will not share your personal information with third party organizations not directly-related to your purchases, or not hired by us.
Electronic communications Viva International, S.A. may send
19. If you opt-in to receive communications from us, you will receive information we believe to be of interest to you. For example:
- We will keep you informed about special offers and promotions from Viva International, S.A., as well as destinations and product news, sweepstakes, programs, etc. and other special promotions we believe to be of importance to you.
- We will keep you informed about important changes in the functionality of our site. As a subscriber to our marketing newsletters, you will occasionally receive email updates on products and destinations in your area, special offers, new services Viva International, S.A. and other items of interest. We believe that you will find this information from Viva International, S.A. of interest and use to you.
20. Viva International, S.A. does everything within its power to assure all its service partners and commercial distributors to adopt and comply with an inherently similar Private Policy. However, be aware that Viva International, S.A. cannot enforce, therefore, we rely on you, our clients, to communicate with us if our service providers or trade distributors do not adequately protect your privacy.
How we protect and store personal information
21. Viva International, S.A. is committed to maintaining the integrity and security of your personal information.
22. We use standard encryption protocols when receiving and transmitting your personal information. In fact, when you send us personal information over the Internet, we initially request the establishment of a "secure session" using SSL.
23. Your personal information is stored in secure operating environments not accessible to the general public. We have security measures in our physical facilities to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information, either by our employees or third parties.
24. However, we cannot guarantee any transmission over the Internet to be 100% secure, so we cannot provide an absolute guarantee that all information you send us is protected at all times. Viva International, S.A. shall not be held liable for the consequences derived from the unauthorized access of personal information.
25. Viva International, S.A. is confident you will contact us in the event you detect any type of anomaly which could be indicative of a security breach putting your information at risk. We will initiate an investigation to determine whether said security breach was related with the transfer or data to vivaresorts.com, and we will advise you of measure to be taken and those in effect to remedy the situation. Further measures, such as contacting law enforcement officials or other competent authorities, may be undertaken.
Changes to our Private Policy
How you may contact us about privacy questions
Download PDF: Aviso de Privacidad México
Bayahibe, La Romana
Bayahibe, La Romana
Cabarete, Puerto Plata
Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya
Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya
Freeport, Grand Bahama